Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Rock Star SUPERNOVA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Rock Star SUPERNOVA

    starts tonight.
    Tommy Lee
    Jason Newsted
    Gilby Clark
    will be looking for a singer for their band and Butch Walker will be the producer.
    this year could kick Rock Star INXS' butt
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rock Star SUPERNOVA

    yeah, this year will rock..
    it's a fresh, new band...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rock Star SUPERNOVA

    they have quite a few woman trying to become the lead singer...i don't see these guys picking a woman
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rock Star SUPERNOVA

    I can so see Tommy going for a female singer.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rock Star SUPERNOVA

    so far this SUCKS. I mean the song selection is terrible and the singers are poor. They went more for "characters" than singers.

    WHAT SHOULD SUPERNOVA singers be singing on the competition.
    For real, we know they won't sound like Bon Jovi or Def Leppard. They won't have anything sounding like REM or Nirvana, so what bands should they be singing?

    some stuff to represent what Supernova fans would expect? I would guess a lot more stuff like
    Judas Priest
    Iron Maiden
    Sabbath
    Black Label Society
    Van Halen
    Pantera
    Megadeth
    MotorHead
    NickleBack (the harder side, not the ballads)
    Ted Nugent
    Skid Row (slave to the grid era)
    these are a few to start with.

    No songs by:
    Nirvana
    REM
    The Who
    Rolling Stones

    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rock Star SUPERNOVA

    They have stated that they aren't going to be a hard/metal band.. yeah, I know it's weird for those guys... but I think there are some great singers on the show.... the austrailan, and that chick who re-did Ring of Fire.. her version was awesome!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rock Star SUPERNOVA

    as far as I know the producer (Butch Walker) said they were not going to be a hard rock/metal band but the band told one contestant they were shooting for OZZFEST. If that doesnt scream hard rock / metal I don't know what does. I know Gilby said tonight they don't want to be a hard heavy band, they want to be catchy. Hey it can be catchy and be hard rock at the same time. some prime examples: AC/DC, Def Leppard and Bon Jovi
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rock Star SUPERNOVA

    so true so true....

    it's untelling what will come of this band..

  9. #9
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rock Star SUPERNOVA

    original supernova song. watch it here
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=IoHoDG15nfc

    I figured out what I wanted this band to sound like. It came on my MP3 player last night. Steel Dragon, the fictional band from the movie Rock Star. That is a great sound and if they would really form a band and put out a cd I would stand in line for it.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •